OPEN CHESS GRAND PRIX IN BLITZ OUTDOORS
ChessBomb Tour 2017
Organizers: the chess portal ChessBomb.com and the Chess Club ChessBomb - Plovdiv
With the support of the municipalities of Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas
The chain will include four festivals. Each festival will include three qualification tournaments:
- Tournaments of Group A - for international players with ELO> 2100
- Tournaments of Group B - for players with an international ELO <2200
- Tournaments of Group C - for children up to 16 years (born after 01.01.2001)
The Festivals will be held according to the following schedule:
- Festival I on 06.05.2017, in the town of Sofia - tournaments A1, B1, C1
- Festival II on 03.06.2017, in the town of Plovdiv - tournaments A2, B2, C2
- Festival III on 01.07.2017, in the town of Varna - tournaments A4, B4, C4
- Festival IV on 05.8.2017, in the town of Bourgas - tournaments A3, B3, C3
- Final tournament: 09 and 10.09.2017 in the town of Plovdiv.
In the Final tournament will take part those 20 chess players who ranked:
- among the first 3 in one of the the tournament A1-A4 - 12 finalists;
- first in one of the tournaments B1-B4 and C1-C4 - 8 finalists.
The 10 participants, invited by the organizers, will also take part in the Final tournament. They will be ten of the best chess players in the world chess elite. They will play with the participants in the Final tournament.
All 30 participants in the Final tournament will be awarded.
REGULATION OF THE QUALIFICATION TOURNAMENT IN SOFIA
- The tournaments of Group A will be for players with international ELO> 2100
- The tournaments of Group B will be for players with an international ELO <2200
- The tournaments of Group C will be for children up to 16 years (born after 01.01.2001)
- The chess players with international ELO between 2100-2200 can choose in which tournament to take part.
The right to participate in tournament A, B and C have all the players who declare their participation on the tournament on 06.05.2017 until 1.00 pm., and pay the tournament fee. Preliminary applications are accepted on email: email@example.com
PROGRAMME OF TOURNAMENTS:
10:00 am to 1:00 pm. - Registration of participants
1.00 pm - Announcing the participants for the three tournaments
1.30 pm - Technical Conference
2.00 pm - Opening of the Festival
2.15 pm - I Round
2.30 pm - II Round
3.00 pm - III Round
3:20 pm - IV Round
3.40 pm - V Round
4.00 pm - VI Round
from 4:20 pm. to 5:00 pm - Pause
5.00 pm - VII round
5.20 pm - VIII Round
5.40 pm - IX Round
6.00 pm - Closing Tournament C1 and awarding the winners
6.30 pm - X Round
7.00 pm - XI Round
7.20 pm - XII Round
7:40 pm - XIII Round
8.30 pm - Closing Tournaments A1 and B1 and awarding the winners
CONTROL AND SYSTEM OF A PLAY
- The tournament A will be held in 13 rounds following the Swiss system, according to the FIDE tournament rules and FIDE Regulation from 1.07.2014. (Appendix В. Bliz - В4). The playing couples will be determined using the Swiss Manager software.
- The tournament B will be held in 11 rounds following the Swiss system, according to the FIDE tournament rules and FIDE Regulation from 1.07.2014 (Appendix В. Bliz - В4). The playing couples will be determined using the Swiss Manager software.
- The tournament C will be held in 9 rounds following the Swiss system, according to the FIDE tournament rules and FIDE Regulation from 1.07.2014(Appendix В. Bliz - В4) . The playing couples will be determined using the Swiss Manager software.
The ranking of players whose finishing points are equal is determined by:
(A) The result of the games between players in the same group;
(B) Reduced Buchholz-1;
(D) Number of games won.